The MRE determines and disseminates the rubber prices twice daily, at 12.00 noon - the Official Price and 5.00 p.m.- Closing Price, from Monday to Friday, for the following types and grades of rubber;
The MRE issues the daily rubber prices free-of-charge to its members. The MRE also disseminates daily farmgate latex prices through local media for reference and use
- SMR CV, L, 5, GP, 10 and 20
- Centrifuged Latex: Local Prices (ISO 2004)
The MRE regulates the physical trade dealings of its members. The contracts provided by the MRE are as follows:
- Contract No. 1 - Local Delivery
- Contract No. 2 - FOB Physical Rubber
- Contract No. 5 - Local Delivery for Preserved Rubber Latex
Claims and Arbitration
The MRE is the Arbitration Centre for those who trade on the MRE contracts and is also one of the regional arbitration centres under the International Rubber Association (IRA) Contracts for Technically Specified Rubbers and Preserved Rubber Latex in Drums.
The MRE members are given free-of-charge the following periodicals.
- Daily NR Market Watch (through email)
- Malaysian Rubber Board Digest (a monthly publication)
- Malaysian Rubber Review (a quarterly publication)
- Poster of Malaysian Rubber Board Yearly Official Noon SMR 20 Rubber Price
- MRE Membership Directory (an annually publication)
Promotional and Social Activities
The MRE also organises the MRE dinner and golf tournament annually as part of its efforts to provide an opportunity for the members of the trade to interact and to foster business ties with each other. Both activities attract local and international rubber industry as well as representatives from local and international rubber associations. It is a great platform for both local and international rubber industry representatives to strengthen their existing network and to develop new business ties.
- MRE Management Committee Meeting
- Price Review Committee Meeting
- Committee for Dispute Resolution (CDR) and Arbitration Panel Meetings
- Price Advisory Panel
- Industrial Discipline Committee
- Arbitration Amendment Committee
- ASEAN Rubber Business Council (ARBC) Meeting
Technical Missions/Working Visit
The MRB through the MRE organises technical missions to other countries to promote and establish closer rapport and increase the market share of Malaysian natural rubber.
Among the objectives of the missions is to foster and strengthen relationship with the private sector and rubber industry associations from the host country with the aim of establishing cooperation in the areas of the rubber industry and trade.