Generation and dissemination of FOB rubber prices
MRE issues and disseminates FOB rubber prices twice daily, official prices at 12.00 noon and closing prices at 5.00 pm for the following types and grades of rubber.
- Standard Malaysian Rubber (SMR) CV, SMR L, SMR 5, SMR GP, SMR 10 and SMR 20; and
- Centrifuged Latex in Bulk (60%) DRC
Provision of Contracts
The MRE regulates the physical trade dealings of its members. The contracts provided by the MRE are as follows:
- Contract No. 1 - Local Delivery
- Contract No.2 - F.O.B Physical Rubber
- Contract No.5 - Local Delivery for Preserved Latex
Claims and Arbitration
The MRE is the Arbitration Centre for those who trade on the MRE Contracts. The MRE is also one of the centres of arbitration under the International Rubber Associations (IRA) Contracts for technically Specified Rubbers and Preserved Rubber Latex in Drums.
The MRE members are given free-of-charge the following periodicals:
- Daily Market Watch
- Malaysian Rubber Board Digest ( a monthly publication)
- Malaysian Rubber Review (a quarterly publication)
- Poster on Trends of SMR 20 Prices and Market Factors (an annual publication)
- MRE Membership Directory (an annual publication)
Promotional and Social Activities
The MRE also organises the MRE dinner and golf tournament annually as part of its efforts to provide an opportunity for the members of the trade to interact and to foster business ties with each other. Both activities attract local and international rubber industry as well as representatives from local and international rubber associations. It is a great platform for both local and international rubber industry representatives to strengthen their existing network and to develop new business ties.
- MRE Management Committee Meeting
- Price Review Committee Meeting
- Committee for Dispute Resolution (CDR) and Arbitration Panel Meetings
- Price Advisory Panel
- Industrial Discipline Committee
- Arbitration Amendment Committee
- ASEAN Rubber Business Council (ARBC) Meeting
Technical Missions/Working Visit
The MRB through the MRE organises technical missions to other countries to promote and establish closer rapport and increase the market share of Malaysian natural rubber.
Among the objectives of the missions is to foster and strengthen relationship with the private sector and rubber industry associations from the host country with the aim of establishing cooperation in the areas of the rubber industry and trade.