The MRE determines the rubber prices twice daily, at 12.00 noon and 5.00 p.m., from Monday to Friday, for the following types and grades of rubber;
The MRE issues the daily rubber prices free-of-charge to its members. The MRE also disseminates daily farmgate latex prices through local media for reference and use
- SMR CV, L, 5, GP, 10 and 20
- Centrifuged Latex: Local Prices (ISO 2004)
The MRE regulates the physical trade dealings of its members. The contracts provided by the MRE are as follows:
- Contract No. 1 - Local Delivery
- Contract No. 2 - Ordinary FOB (Non-Guarantee)
- Contract No. 5 - Local Delivery for Preserved Rubber Latex
Claims and Arbitration
The MRE is the Arbitration Centre for those who trade on the MRE contracts and is also one of the regional arbitration centres under the International Rubber Association (IRA) Contracts for Technically Specified Rubbers and Preserved Rubber Latex in Drums.
The MRE members are given free-of-charge the following periodicals.
- Malaysian Rubber Board Digest (a monthly publication)
- Malaysian Rubber Review (a quarterly publication)
- Malaysian Rubber Exchange Weekly Rubber Market Newsletter
- SMR Newsletter
- Malaysian Rubber Board Official Noon SMR 20 Price Chart
Promotional and Social Activities
The MRE also organizes the MRE dinner and golf tournament annually as part of its efforts to provide an opportunity for the members of the trade to interact and to foster business ties with each other.